TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS FOR CHINESE AND MONGOL COMPETITORS
Transportation of vehicles is not included in the entry fees and is at competitors’ expenses. To help competitors, Organizers set up 2 types of transportation services to reach Irkutsk and to leave Dunhuang.
TRANSPORTATION OF BIKES AND QUADS
As bikers without service crew are not allowed, Organization does not offer any turnkey transportation service for bikes nor quads « single » Bikes and Quads may be transported in 2 different ways:
- Loaded in vans, which are themselves transported by the Organization’s car-loader trucks by subscribing to the turnkey transportation service (N°1).
- Loaded in vans, trucks, or on trailers towed by cars, vans or trucks following the “competitors’” convoy of the organization (N°2).
1 -“TURNKEY” TRANSPORTATION SERVICE FOR RACE AND SERVICE VEHICLES: you take care of nothing!
no trucks allowed
From Mongolia to Russia and return from China to Mongolia;
On a secured car-carrier truck, including customs’ clearance;
Also including the transportation of the vehicle till Dunhuang, in case of withdrawal during the Rally (only for competitors having subscribed to the outbound trip service)
Loading of the vehicles in Ulan Bator on July 2nd, arrival in Irkutsk on July 4th in the evening.
Return in Ulan Bator, July 21st.
Total downtime of the vehicles (including the race): 3 weeks
TURNKEY TRANSPORTATION RATES MONGOLIA/RUSSIA – CHINA/MONGOLIA
|| VEHICLES’ DIMENSIONS
|BIKE/QUAD LOADED ON A VAN
||L < 3,8 / H < 1,90 / W < 1,9
||L < 5,4 / H < 1,95 / W < 2,12
||L < 5,4 / H > 1,95 / W < 2,12
||L < 5,0 / H < 2,25 / W < 2,12
||L < 5,4 / H < 2,52 / W< 2,12
|RAISED OR EXTENDED VAN
||L < 5,9 / H < 2,76 / W < 2,12
* subscription to the « return trip » turnkey service doesn’t include the transportation till Dunhuang in case of withdrawal during the race. In this case, additional fees of 1€/km will be applied to transport the vehicle at the arrival from its withdrawal place. Once ordered and payed, subscription to turnkey transportation services is not refundable.
2 - “COMPETITORS’” CONVOY, MONGOLIA/RUSSIA – CHINA/MONGOLIA: you drive your vehicles.
Way In: 2 days from Ulan Bator to Irkutsk– mileage: 1.030 km
- On road, with a convoy, managed by the Organizers;
- Customs’ clearance facilities;
- Russian border crossing supervised by the Organizers;
- One stage with hotel accommodation and shuttles booked by the organization plus safe car parks for vehicles.
Start from Ulan Bator on July 3rd, arrival in Irkutsk on July 4th.
Return convoy: 4 days From Dunhuang to Ulan Bator – mileage: 2.900 km (from Dunhuang, China to Ulan Bator, Mongolia)
- Road convoy from Dunhuang to Mongolia.
- With a convoy, managed by the organizers.
- Customs clearance facilities.
- Chinese and Mongol borders crossings supervised by the organization.
Start from Dunhuang on July 18th in the morning, arrival in Ulan Bator on July 21st in the evening.
CONVOY RATES: MONGOLIA/RUSSIA-CHINA/MONGOLIA
|VEHICLE’ S PACKAGE
||WAY IN CONVOY
||WAY OUT CONVOY
|20€/vehicle /day of convoy, including safety and vehicles’ guarding on car parks during nights, tolls in Russia. Compulsory for all vehicles following the convoy.
||2 days 40,00€
||4 days 80,00€
||WAY IN CONVOY
||WAY OUT CONVOY
50€/night/person, including transfers from car parks to hotels, interpreter’s services at the hotels, breakfast and
accommodation in double rooms.NB: quality of the hotels during the convoy is not constant and may therefore vary from a stage to another. Optional package
|1 night 50,00€
||3 nights 150,00€
*Fuel, tolls in Mongolia and in China, drivers’ salaries and meals (others than breakfasts) are at your own expense during the whole convoy.
3 - OTHER MEANS OF TRANSPORT
Do you wish to send your vehicles to the start in Irkutsk or from the finish from Dunhuang by other means of transport than those set up by the organization? You will have first to give us your detailed logistical plans, so that we can provide you all the required information to organize your logistics and especially regarding the customs processes.